Camelot Home Inspection Services of the CA Central Coast
Providing Home Inspections in San Luis Obispo, Atascadero, Paso Robles, Pismo Beach, Morro Bay, Cambria, and Surrounding CA Central Coast Communities
"When you hire Camelot Home Inspection Services — we go to work for you, nobody else."
What We Do
Following are some of the systems and components ("items") that are inspected and reported on during the course of our inspection. These items are examined for material defects that would significantly affect the value, desirability, or safety of the home:
1. Foundations, basements and underfloor areas — including but not limited to: foundations and support components; ventilation; insulation; access openings; wood separation from soil; drainage and sump pumps; seismic anchoring and bracing.
2. Building exteriors — including but not limited to: surface grade; hardscaping; site drainage; wall coverings; doors and windows; attached appurtenances (decks, balconies, porches, stairs, railings and walkways, etc.).
3. Roof coverings — including but not limited to: roof coverings; flashings; vents; skylights; roof penetrations; roof drainage.
4. Attic areas and roof framing — including but not limited to: framing and sheathing; access openings; insulation; ventilation.
5. Plumbing systems — including but not limited to: supply, waste and vent piping; plumbing fixtures, faucets and drains; water heating equipment; functional flow of water supply; functional drainage at fixtures; gas piping and connectors.
6. Electrical systems — including but not limited to: service conductors, service equipment and capacity; panels and overcurrent protection devices; service and equipment grounding; wiring; switches: receptacles and light fixtures.
7. Heating systems — including but not limited to: heating equipment; venting systems; combustion and ventilating air; energy sources and connections; distribution systems.
8. Central cooling systems — including but not limited to: cooling equipment; distribution systems; energy sources and connections; condensate drainage.
9. Fireplaces and chimneys — including but not limited to: chimneys; flues and dampers; fireboxes, hearth extensions and accessories; solid-fuel and gas-burning appliances.
10. Building interiors — including but not limited to: walls, ceilings and floors; security bars; ventilation; doors and windows; stairs; railings; cabinets and counters; safety glazing; smoke detector placement; laundry provisions; built-in appliances.
For more detailed information about what it is we inspect (and do not inspect), you can download a copy of the CREIA and/or ASHI Standards of Practice at the links provided below (PDF Reader required).
- CREIA Standards of Practice The CREIA® Standards of Practice provide guidelines for a real estate inspection in California and define certain terms relating to these inspections.
- ASHI Standards of Practice The American Society of Home Inspectors®, Inc. (ASHI®) is a nationally recognized, not‐for‐profit professional society established in 1976.
Once we've completed the inspection, the home inspection report will follow soon afterwards, usually within 24 hours. Our detailed narrative report, which includes photos, takes the guess work out of reading an inspection report, making it easier for you to better understand the condition of the home and assist you in your purchase decision. We speed up the delivery process by sending you the report via email. Or, if you prefer, we can send you a link so that you can download it directly from our website.
We urge you to compare our inspection report with inspection reports issued by the other inspection companies in the area. You may be surprised to discover that many companies are still issuing their customers reports commonly referred to as "checklists". Checklist reports are considered obsolete, and do not provide you with the level of information you need to make a fully informed purchase decision.
To view a sample Inspection Report issued by Camelot Home Inspection Services, or to review a copy of the Real Estate Inspection Agreement used by Camelot Home Inspection Services, please click on the links below.
- Home Inspection Report A sample home inspection report that is sure to impress you.
- Home Inspection Agreement This is the home inspection agreement used by the majority of CREIA members.